Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oh Nine.

Well, this is a little late, but here it is...because Meliss made me do it...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
My husband and I started playing hockey. It's been a really good time!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I generally don't make resolutions mostly because I forget about them just about as soon as I make them. I will not be making any for this coming year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I'm not super close with Anna, but she gave birth to baby Scarlett who is proof that miracles do happen.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sherm Clayton.

5. What countries did you visit?
Um...just the good 'ol US of A!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Muscle tone? Ha!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 1

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I feel pretty good about getting back into shape after having Audrey, and I've been staying active and healthy for the most part.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Just one?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new snowboard! Oh...and our new house!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Wow...um...I'll get back to you on that one...

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All the politcal/governmental stuff going on right now is really starting to bum me out.

14. Where did most of your money go?
To our new house...and our hockey gear...and mostly to Audrey.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Megan got engaged!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Well...probably I'm Yours by Jason Mraz...there were slim pickins' this year.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. I'm alive. Can't complain.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Probably about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I would have made more time to hang out with friends that I don't see very often.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Weeding.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We had three.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I guess you could say that...but really, he already caught me...ha!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
It's a toss-up between The Office and SCRUBS.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.

24. What was the best book you read?
Well, considering I probably only read one, I'll have to say The Innocent Man by John Grisham.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I want to say Regina Spektor. I heard her music before, but I really started appreciating it this year.

26. What did you want and get?
A house. A new snowboard. To sleep more than four hours at a time.

27. What did you want and not get?
To see the other Megan...I'll have to wait until September for that I guess.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
We just watched Traitor, which was really good.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 and we went to a Ben Folds concert in Ellensburg. It was pretty fun.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have all of my friends in the same state...or town even.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Same as always...casual, comfortable...not resembling a style of any kind.

32. What kept you sane?
Getting more sleep. Finally.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jim Sturgess

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate politics.

35. Who did you miss?
Lots of people.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I really got to know some people better and made some really good friends.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
God is in control of everything.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I know it's not from this year, but Gone Going by the Black Eyed Peas and Jack Johnson is always a good one...
"What happens if they take your material and you already sold your soul..."

I guess I have to tag someone...okay Leah, Nichole, and Jenny

No comments: