Monday, April 19, 2010

Aaaah...Spring.

After all the whining about the weather in the last post, I must say, I am so thankful for the wonderful spring weather we're having now. Audrey, Joon (our new puppy), and I went for an evening walk to the park today and it was just beautiful out. It made me really yearn for summer! Hopefully it stays warm until then!

On a similar note, since it's been so nice outside lately, we've been able to pretty much finish all of the work we've been doing on our backyard. Someday maybe I'll post before and after pictures, but it's not quite finished yet. When we moved in, everything was just overgrown and full of weeds. We spent all last spring and summer tearing out stumps (by hand), pulling weeds, trimming hedges, and landscaping. This year we built a raised vegetable garden and rocked in an area along our fence to keep the weeds down. It's starting to look really nice and we're excited to start having barbecues and bonfires (or you know, little fires in our fire pit).

I'm just very happy right now. Things are going well for us. I'm just amazed more and more each day at the things God has provided for us. Especially the things we never asked for or thought of for ourselves.

I've been blessed with a new job at the Soap Lake School district as a Para Pro sub. I had originally interview for another position at the elementary school, but was turned down in favor of someone with a little more experience. At first I was pretty disappointed, but the principal actually called me and let me know that he still really wanted me to come work at the school as a sub. Honestly, this has worked out much better than if I would have gotten that other position. This way I don't have to find a daycare for Audrey right away and I'm still free to stay home with her most days. Also, if I would have gotten that position, I wouldn't have been able to help teach the lifeguarding classes this year, which is something I love. It's amazing what can happen when I actually hand everything over to God. I've decided that I'm not going to worry about where I will work or what my career will be because God already knows. He has something perfect for me. It's been nice not worrying about that.

So, I'll be subbing tomorrow for the first time, and I'm a little nervous but mostly excited. I've met most of the Para Pros already, and I really got along with all of them! I also know probably a third of the kids at the school because they used to go to the after school bible club at my church. I got about fifty hugs when I was there and it was a nice feeling to see that I made some sort of impact on those kids.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
--Ephesians 3:20, 21

No comments: