Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"She's Just Waitin' for the Summertime, When the Weather's Fine..."

Is it just me, or was the weather better in January? I don't know what the deal is, but all this cold and rain and wind is really starting to bum me out! I keep thinking, "I should totally go on a bike ride/walk/run/exercise of some kind!", and then I look outside and see the storm clouds blowing in. Which makes me want to snuggle under a blanket and eat chocolate. A lot of chocolate. I think I may have a deficiency of some sort.

I was feeling pretty good for about week while I taught a lifeguarding class. That's always a good diet and exercise plan for me because not only am I swimming a lot, I'm only able to squeeze in small, healthy snacks throughout the day. Perfect! Only, that lasts about a week and then the class is over and I'm back to eating chocolate again...

I'm just very black and white when it comes to weather. I've never been a big fan of Spring really. Unless it's Spring in Seattle. Spring in Seattle is amazing. The weather is pretty much perfect and usually the rain comes at less frequent intervals. I should have a Spring home there. I think I'm going to work on that. I mean, Spring here can be pretty amazing too, but lately it's been more like a drawn out winter. It's exciting seeing all of the new flowers and plants that start popping up, but I'm not a fan of this unpredictable weather. I pretty much like it hot or cold. Not a whole lot in between. I just want to be able to plant my garden and not fear frost and snow in the middle of April!

It's hard with Audrey too because we're stuck in the house on cold, wet days. We all just get along much better when we can get out and exercise! Maybe I just need to get her some rain boots. I don't know.

So, here's hoping that old man winter takes the next train out of town. I'm blaming him for my chocolate consumption. Maybe that Easter bunny too...

No comments: